NT

Need help with something in AO? You can ask for help here
Manetic09

NT

Postby Manetic09 » Sat May 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Hello everyone.
Recently i have made a Nano mage NT. I was curiouse of what is best for that profession...i have a feeling that i have wasted alot of ip already on skills that an nt doesn't need to invest in.
If you could post here as to what would be best..That would be g-r-e-a-t!"_)[/quote]

Contradictor
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: No

Postby Contradictor » Sat May 26, 2007 10:12 pm

OK....I think (sadly), Im the highest NT in the org :( I raised stamina, psy, int, body dev, nano pool, nano C init, RS, All nano skills, treat, first aid. Those were the most important to me...I did things like str/agi/sense as I needed them for symbs or nano skills trickledown. I completely forget if youre froob or not, as I have entirely too much on my mind atm, but if you have AI you might consider De'Valos sleeves....they rock!

enigma
Ma Hen
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: Enigmatia
Shadowlands: Froob

Postby enigma » Sun May 27, 2007 8:20 am

Sadly Aury is Opi so I can't give to much advice on base abilities except that Intel/Psy are very important afaic... as Brad said, NanoC (she has almost as much NCI as enig now) Comp lit, all nano skills.. I put IP into treat/first-aid and in the beginning I put into melee energy because I used the Nano Nation weapons
I may walk two steps behind you, fear not. I may be two steps ahead, fear not.
At times I may not be visible, especially in the darkest of hours
but whether you see me or not, need me or not
I am your shadow, a part of you, always there.
I'll stand with you to the end.

Facebook!

BhalKhaan

Postby BhalKhaan » Sun May 27, 2007 9:43 am

Try asking Spume, he has a 180ish NT.

Have you read the profession academies? They usually help alot and its what I use when I'm stuck with something... (though the fixerforums might be a bit more active than the others..?)

Anyways...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=452455

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=472596

..hope that helps.

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Sun May 27, 2007 9:46 am

ALWAYS MAX MATTER CREATIONS!! Notum Saturated armor and HOWI (Hood of Wicked Inspiration) and the Cyberdeck (if you have SL/AI) are all great items to help with nano skills as well.. If you have AI and have a 6slot on.. stick the highest ql Viral Compiler in as well.. the more NCI (NanoC Init) the better and when you can spare the NCU later on.. a Hardcore CPU Upgrade is wonderful to cut nano cost also.

Facebook!

Smokex
In-Game Name: smokex
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Postby Smokex » Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm

I used to have some profession guides up and they were based entirely on the profession guides in the forums. I don't really know what people thought of them though. I still have them on a backup CD if peeps would like to see them again.

mes
General

Postby mes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:26 am

Speaking of nano mages, put as much points as possible to stamina and body developement, and as an addition, try to use armor which boosts HP. Use armor which relies on intelligence / psychic / stamina. Also try to keep first aid skill decent, since you'll be injecting those stims for the rest of your life. Put points to strenght / sense / agility ONLY when needed, though I personally like to keep agility high since it's very popular with symbs / implants.

Nanotechs do not have any kind of proper defense for the early levels so I'd suggest putting at least some points to evades. You should be able to keep your targets rooted so dodge ranged is preferable. As said keep MC as high as possible since it's the very lifeline of a nanotech.
make coffee not war

enigma
Ma Hen

The alternative to a bathrobe!

Postby enigma » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:47 pm

When you hit level 75 you'll then be able to equip the Bathrobe of Blue.. aka The Reanimators Cloak (Necromancers cloak + Pit Demon/Indigo Carmine heart tradeskilled). BUT!! There's an alternative most don't know about.. and it's great for NT/MP Professions (all professions that are nanoskill reliant actually) The Red Cranium Nano Cloak ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204996 ). It's dyna drop only and comes in QL 100-150 and level requirements vary from QL. What? Oh yeah.. that's the clan only version.. Hm. Well if you get a hold of one, grab a QFT All-purpose device from the TS machine upstairs (Mech/Ele. Engineering I think) and a hackers tool, drop the Cloak in Recipebot for the instructions (or find yourself a non-irritated ((non-leeted >.>)) engi to do this for you). The end result after using the QFTAPD and then the Hackers tool, SHOULD yield you one of these, The Grey Nano Cloak ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=205000 )! It's NOT as great as the bathrobe BUT it's a nice alternative to the sheep herd of blah blue bathrobe cult lol. Of course don't forget the Neleb's Robe ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151895 ) if you have the time and patience and help to go to Steps of Madness. Something I don't mind helping with as long as there's an engineer in team to warp ;)

Again I'll mention Notum Saturated Armor ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=163343 ). It's not easy armor to get a hold of unless the Moles like you or you can find the plates/Pieces cheaply on GMS or shop channel. The plates look just like Carbonum plates but are purple and not shop buyable, they only fall from the omni Moles around rubi-ka, and not that often. It's nice armor for the nano skills and decent ACs, and of course the Nano C. Init/Max nano ;). One drawback I did find is that it requires Agility, Stamina AND Intelligence to equip.. which can be a PITA for some.. as far as Intel goes, my last item to mark on before I go back to bed would be the lovely VTE's..

VTEs (Virral Triumvirate Egg http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=157955) are awesome to help with the Intel trickle-down into nano skills, computer literacy and treatment as well. This item is bought pre-made off of GMS or built from scratch, which unless you have the ability to farm the parts yourself or with a friend, is rather tedious and slightly difficult depending upon your level.

You need;
1 Mantis egg
3 Soul Fragments (ql 190+)
4 pieces of ql190+ Gold (ingots or anything meltable into liquid gold)
1 piece of ql190+ Robot Junk (drops off Slayers :p dun dun duuhnnn leave Bolts alone!)
4 Personal furnaces (shop buyable)
1 Nano Circuitry Wire (shop buyable)

I'm fairly sure there's something else I missed from the recipe but I'm falling asleep now.. check out recipebot if you want the full recipe :P (Just found the recipe on a site; http://kuren.org/ao/howto/virralegg.html hope it helps)

Anywho.. that's my random input for the day.. Hope it helps.. will add more later.. and Happy Belated Birthday Manetic :)

Rene

Facebook!

Racingstripe

Postby Racingstripe » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Damn Enig, that was from memory?!?!? :shock:

Listen Enig, while we all enjoy your company, it might benifit you to just go outside once in a while. Just take a book (*cough* new HP book *cough* :oops: ) and sit on a park bench and read.

*note to self: Play more sudoku 'cuss Enig's game memory is better than mine in real life.

Now, what were we talking about?
:)
"My mom's enforcer can beat up your dad's enforcer!"
"I've got 7 crits in a row once, unfortunately, they were all on me."
"I beat a leet to death with my microphone, just to prove it could be done"

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:50 am

lmao Racing.. *finds a Linux book instead* I used to have an awesome memory lol.. now it sucks :( but that's okay, it works pretty good sometimes lol

Rene

Facebook!

Return to “Help Request”