Amirda's Ambitious Adventure

For the story teller in all of us; behind the normal day to day battles, there's always an untold tale waiting to be born. Here's the place to do it. No OOC please, in-character/in-game stories here only!
Amirda
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: Amirda
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Amirda's Ambitious Adventure

Postby Amirda » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 pm

YAY!!! My first post! :)
I’ve always been a wonderer, since as far back as I can remember. As a child, I wondered around my hometown. As a teenager, I wondered around my home planet. However, once I turned 18 and allowed to purchase and drive a starship, I was gone dude! :P
At first I wondered for the sake of wondering, growing stronger all the while. I gained a reputation for being relentless against those who truly disliked my people. I have quite a number of downed fighter ships under my belt and even a few freighters.
However, a bad year of multiple family deaths sent me into a deep depression that was difficult to shake off. What’s more, I became a loner who doesn’t associate with anyone at all, versus a loner who only associates with family. Safe to say I didn’t take the family deaths well.
I began to wonder further and further from my home world, swearing to myself that I would never return. I visited every base I came across knowing that the trade routes would come in handy later. Finally, just over 2 years ago, I came upon Rubi-ka.
As usual, I decided to land here in order to get an idea as to what was bought and sold here. The crash landing of the transport ship was not pleasant… My getting air sick easy didn’t help either… I had lost all that I brought with me except my life and the clothes on my back in that crash.
No sooner did I snap out of my shocked state then I was contacted by an old friend of my fathers who hadn’t been seen in many years, who for some reason wanted me to call him Softdesire from then on. He promised to help me get a new ship to continue my space wondering, but would also guild me in the ins and outs of survival on this new planet in the mean time.
After a time, I was able to leave this place I would later come to know as Newbie Island. Soft immediately guided me into the subway, as it was a popular place to level after leaving the island. I obeyed and got rewarded with money to buy equipment I would need then and later.
While in the subway, I also met my first new friend, Soulair. The 2 of us really did some damage down there over the next few weeks. I’m just sad that neither of us were able to get strong enough to fight the big boss down there. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever fought Abby. Or if I did, I never succeeded at defeating him.
After a few weeks, Soft guided us to the Temple of Three Winds, ToTW for short. Good gawd, that place was a nightmare to get through. Not only did we have to fight overwhelming numbers of mobs, we often have to deal with the numbers from those that panicked and tried to run. I was able to fight against the big boss there, Azzy. Never alone though, always in a team. I still remember one time where one teammate pretended to be a shark and another teammate, in wolf form, pounced on him. The way he did that was so funny, I still snicker at times when I think of it.
Shortly after being guided into Foreman’s, Soft noticed that I had not yet been invited into any organization. What’s more, I was still aligned as neutral. Mind you it had not been quite a month yet since I crash landed on this planet, but I was already beginning to reach the mid-level range. I was pushing level 70 when Soft decided to reward my hard work by inviting me into his org.
It wasn’t until I was closer to level 90 when I finally met some of the org members in person. I was told this was due to some wacky scheduling. However, almost immediately I noticed that this org was not a typical org. It was more of a pair of families than a pair of orgs really.
Finally, 3 weeks after joining the org, a meeting was called to discuss issues with leveling or quest line status. I wasn’t yet sure what it was, but I felt like I belonged here, on this planet, in this org, working with these people…
It was shortly after that first meeting that something bizarre happened. One day I began to feel strange, like whenever I have too much milk based products only… I hadn’t eaten any yet since my arrival. I went to bed that night felling horribly sick. I awoke the next morning feeling better at first… until I found out what had happened during the night. A… I guess the best way to describe it at the time is… person… had physically separated from me! Horrified, I turned to Soft for an explanation. According to him, this was normal after a stay on this planet. There would be more to come the longer I stayed. As he began to gather his own split people, he explained that these were nothing more than physical forms of the extremes of my own personality… alter egos if you will. He went on to say that I still had full control over the one that I had and will have full control over and future egos that will appear. Once I learned that control I calmed down. More did come over the course of the next year and a half, and some would later disappear, but I was quick to gain control.
It was after the second ego appeared that Soft was finally able to get a new star ship for me. Ecstatic as I was, I couldn’t help but fell a bond with this planet, especially when I found that my first ego had no intention of leaving this planet. It was my second ego who suggested that I should make this planet my main base of operations. …And so I did.
The next year and a half have been a huge grind. I’ve had my ups and downs all the while. One of my ups being that I now have the strongest heavy fighter ship and equipment available :) and one of my downs being the recent loss of my pet cat, Fuzzy (who’s featured as my profile pic). :(
What I’ve been really giddy about recently is the fact that the tables between me and Soft have begun to turn. One of my specialties is finding mission rollable items, especially rare ones. Over the last 4-5 months, I’ve been summoned to find rollable nanos for his lower level egos. At this point I feel like I know as much as him now. :)
Another thing is the fact that I’m nearing the end of my enlightenment journey. I don’t feel quite so much the baby advy anymore!

Note: The CONTENTS of this story ARE ACTUALLY TRUE! However, the WAY in which it was presented makes it fictitious. Contained are strong references to Anarchy Online, weak references to Freelancer, and vague references to ALL the adventure type video games I’ve played over the years.

Ndure
Past President Extraordinaire

Re: Amirda's Ambitious Adventure

Postby Ndure » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Well Done Ami :)
Let the deed show.

Dr.Sleepy
President
In-Game Name: Sleeepy/Castitas

Postby Dr.Sleepy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 am

Nice and lengthy! Well done.... just like steak... well done steak... wtb pl0x?
My body is not a temple. It's a cottage.

Amirda
In-Game Name: Amirda

Postby Amirda » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 am

hehe, you'd have to ask dad, he's the steak cooker, not me

elimeta
General
In-Game Name: Elimeta
Shadowlands: Froob

Postby elimeta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 am

Funny how we all made our way here via different routes. :)

Now especially, with the promise of StarCraft II finally about to come true,
I might need a space craft myself.

Though I doubt I'd actually truly leave, there are other 'planets', continuum's
and places I'd love to visit.

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see an MMO based on the
'Lensman' series by E.E. 'Doc' Smith.

Nice post Ami.

Eli.

Return to “Role-Playing Forum”