Dyrzou's Application

Want to join RKS? Please register and post your application here
SharkVersusKoda
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: No
In-Game Name: Errtu
Shadowlands: Shadowlands

Dyrzou's Application

Postby SharkVersusKoda » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:39 am

1. What is it that brought you to our forums, or has caused you interest in joining our org? Did someone approach you about recruitment or did you find us on your own through teaming or any other method? If someone is recruiting you and has sent you here, please list there ingame name.

-I was drawn here by talking to Allequal and spending some time in the guest chat.

2. How long have you been playing Anarchy Online?

-Before my hiatus i played for roughly two year, and now im back after a long time off.

3. Is this your first Neutral char, have you others (alts) that you would eventually like to join to the org as well if you find we suit your needs as an org.

-I was mostly clan for a while when i played, then became hardcore omni, now its time to stay in the grey area =].

3a. How long have you played Anarchy Online, free or payed as a Neutral?

-I will be playing as neutral for the remainder of my AO career =].

4. What is your ingame char name(s) that you are wanting recruitment on?

-Was Errtu, but i find it best to not start again as an agent and instead, a Soldier, so now Dyrzou.

5. Are you a froob (free player/newbie) or do you have the expansions, if yes then which expansions. (To better help myself and other raid/event organizers pre-plan things in the future, do you prefer RK over SL or AI over SL or any specifics or not care at all).

-Currently a Sloob. though on thursday I'll be upgrading fully. Not fully familiar with AI and beyond, so I'd prefer Sl at the time.

6. Have you ever belonged to a Neutral org in the past?
6a. If you have just left or are planning to leave your current org to join RKS, please explain why.. if you prefer it to remain confidential you may tell myself or your recruiter why instead. (Obviously if you are leaving or have left your current org, we want to make sure that the same will not happen with us).

-Nope =].

7. While we do not discriminate against age, sex, creed, color or any other real life qualities, and we are a 'family' orientated guild, we do try to limit 'adult' talk in the main chat, though as with any situation, sometimes things don't always work out that way, in which case I do ask your age.. it will not have any effect on whether or not you are recruited, but helps myself.

8. While we are not an 'RP Org' we do at times participate in the events sponsored by the ARKs and even player sponsored ones, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very interested, 1 being none at all.. how much does role-playing matter to you and do you prefer to remain 'in character' (addressed only by your IG name and sticking with the story-line and the like) at all times?

- I could stick with a solid 10 during said events.

9. Have you read and do you understand and agree with the Guild Code of Conduct?

-Yes, and yes.

10. We have many players from all over the world, and do try to schedule raids, events, meetings and the like so all can participate, though it is difficult at times we try our best.. Please give us your time zone and location, and while we do have many people from all over the globe, we are an english (in main chat) guild.. do you speak and understand english enough to feel comfortable in that language environment?
- GMT -5, Eastern. Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA. yes and yes to the english.

11. Are you a casual (only on the weekends type of gamer) or a hard core (you'll see me all the time) type of player?

-Hardcore I'd say, after work of course.

12. Are your intentions to stay 100% Neutral from the day you are promoted to a Unit Member? We have many friends in our guest channels, and 'sister' orgs of both factions, and do not tolerate hateful behavior in RKS. We normally have a very active chat, but in the chat, is where the war stops and the fun should be.. we are not participants of the Omni/Clan battle and prefer to remain neutral on all fronts when it comes to the main chat.. to ensure a casual and enjoyable atmosphere for all, members & guests alike. If you have a sided toon they are welcome to join our guest channel but the same chat rules apply there as well. Upon accepting promotion to UM from an Applicant (usually done at our weekly Saturday meetings after 2-4 weeks ((depending, in some cases I'll promote outside the meeting since not all can make them due to real life)) and based on participation and activeness within the org), it means that you intend to stay neutral and stick it out with us all the way.. using the org to level up and leave for another neutral or change factions is highly frowned upon, unless there is prior knowledge these are your intentions (i.e; myself (leader) or a General is aware of this).

-Neutral all the way, tired of the bickering factions ;P.

13. What is it, if anything, you hope to achieve from joining the RK ShadowS.. is there anything in particular that appealed to you?

-I hope to join a friendly community that I can talk to and play AO with, as long as find some helpful individuals willing to help me re-learn the game and learn the parts I am unfamiliar with.

(Optional)
14. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the ShadowS? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members :))

-I'd like to think I was good at twinking when I played, I was also very active in a small clan org when I was clan, did all of their tower building and organization(for one site), and was eventually promoted to President when the leader stepped down(after WoW) came out, though my leadership time was short lived as i left the game shortly after.

15. Is this toon alt or main? If alt, what side is main? (Note: Answering this question makes 1-3, 5-8, and 10-14 Optional)

Main=Dyrzou, my agent alt and who I first contacted, and was first contacted, is Errtu.

Egri
Site Admin
In-Game Name: Egri
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Re: Dyrzou's Application

Postby Egri » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 pm

SharkVersusKoda wrote:-I was mostly clan for a while when i played, then became hardcore omni, now its time to stay in the grey area =].

Welcome to the sort of not so dark side then. :)

SharkVersusKoda wrote:-Currently a Sloob. though on thursday I'll be upgrading fully. Not fully familiar with AI and beyond, so I'd prefer Sl at the time.

Sloob is very attractive. I had a sloob toon for some time. (This is why I'm commenting). Meticula and I had been sharing a buff account that was a sloob account and overall, it was very good, but in the end, we just couldn't take the limitations any longer. Making it worse, Xira pointed out that the cost was $5, so only $2.99 a MONTH cheaper than a full AI account. So, not really a HUGE savings.

However, if my comment is, if you plan to upgrade, go ahead and get the year account for $95.40, rather than go monthly. The savings is well worth it. It is just too expensive to do it any other way.

SharkVersusKoda wrote:7. While we do not discriminate against age, sex, creed, color or any other real life qualities, and we are a 'family' orientated guild, we do try to limit 'adult' talk in the main chat, though as with any situation, sometimes things don't always work out that way, in which case I do ask your age.. it will not have any effect on whether or not you are recruited, but helps myself.

"helps myself"... funny that is still there. MaHen's little comments are so hard to scrub out! In some ways, I feel bad removing them, on the other hand, new people wonder who 'myself' is.

I suggest you learn who 'myself' refers to! Engima btw, knowing who that is will keep you from being embarrassed when the topic comes up!

Thanks for filling out the app and again, welcome to the forum.
Ingame: Egri (212, Engi), Idocy(208, Doc) and Igri (177, Clan Fixer), Metatrader (98, Trader)
RK Shadows Forum Admin

SharkVersusKoda
In-Game Name: Errtu
Shadowlands: Shadowlands

Re: Dyrzou's Application

Postby SharkVersusKoda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 am

i appreciate the feedback and the welcoming. hope to join you in RK Shadows soon =]

Return to “RK Shadows Applications”