Want to join RKS? Please register and post your application here
enigma
Ma Hen
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: Enigmatia
Shadowlands: Froob

RK ShadowS New Member Application

Postby enigma » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 am

Welcome to our forums new members/guests and interested recruits! :)

The reason for this 'application' is to make sure that you are comfortable with what we have to offer, as well as in role reversal, what do you think would make you a good Shadow? Please copy & paste the following questions below into a reply, and fill them out to the best of your ability.. if you are already speaking with a recruiter about joining and they referred you here, please give their name, if you are applying because you have teamed with someone from RKS or have read our ingame info and are interested, please say so as well, either case :) We ARE currently recruiting, and usually the only time we aren't is during 'house-cleaning' time which I will do several times a year to make sure our Roster is cleaned up some (inactives and the like). Please make sure that you have read and agree to our Org. Guidelines, and please do check back regularly to make note of any changes, and you may also make note of any changes or upcoming changes/events by typing !news in a tell to our org bot or to the main channel.. if you are a guest or already a member, you should get a tell when you log on from the org bot with a Greeting & the News.. it's important to keep up to date with what is going on so you don't miss out on any activities or news that might affect or interest you :)

An early jump of the gun, but welcome to the ShadowS, and we hope that you enjoy your time with us ingame and here on the forums.

Note; Being an active forum member isn't required, but registration is.. it helps me to keep track of new members against the RKS Roster (which sometimes the bot is a little slow to update on due to server side issues) and we often communicate here when the server is down for maintenance and patching. Please be sure to read the forum guidelines as well and if you have any questions feel free to email myself or admin concerning them or PM us here, thank you. :D

enigma@rkshadows.com
admin@rkshadows.com

-------------------
1. What is it that brought you to our forums, or has caused you interest in joining our org? Did someone approach you about recruitment or did you find us on your own through teaming or any other method? If someone is recruiting you and has sent you here, please list there ingame name.

2. How long have you been playing Anarchy Online?

3. Is this your first Neutral char, have you others (alts) that you would eventually like to join to the org as well if you find we suit your needs as an org.

3a. How long have you played Anarchy Online, free or payed as a Neutral?

4. What is your ingame char name(s) that you are wanting recruitment on?

5. Are you a froob (free player/newbie) or do you have the expansions, if yes then which expansions. (To better help myself and other raid/event organizers pre-plan things in the future, do you prefer RK over SL or AI over SL or any specifics or not care at all).

6. Have you ever belonged to a Neutral org in the past?
6a. If you have just left or are planning to leave your current org to join RKS, please explain why.. if you prefer it to remain confidential you may tell myself or your recruiter why instead. (Obviously if you are leaving or have left your current org, we want to make sure that the same will not happen with us).

7. While we do not discriminate against age, sex, creed, color or any other real life qualities, and we are a 'family' orientated guild, we do try to limit 'adult' talk in the main chat, though as with any situation, sometimes things don't always work out that way, in which case I do ask your age.. it will not have any effect on whether or not you are recruited, but helps myself.

8. While we are not an 'RP Org' we do at times participate in the events sponsored by the ARKs and even player sponsored ones, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very interested, 1 being none at all.. how much does role-playing matter to you and do you prefer to remain 'in character' (addressed only by your IG name and sticking with the story-line and the like) at all times?

9. Have you read and do you understand and agree with the Guild Code of Conduct?

10. We have many players from all over the world, and do try to schedule raids, events, meetings and the like so all can participate, though it is difficult at times we try our best.. Please give us your time zone and location, and while we do have many people from all over the globe, we are an english (in main chat) guild.. do you speak and understand english enough to feel comfortable in that language environment?

11. Are you a casual (only on the weekends type of gamer) or a hard core (you'll see me all the time) type of player?

12. Are your intentions to stay 100% Neutral from the day you are promoted to a Unit Member? We have many friends in our guest channels, and 'sister' orgs of both factions, and do not tolerate hateful behavior in RKS. We normally have a very active chat, but in the chat, is where the war stops and the fun should be.. we are not participants of the Omni/Clan battle and prefer to remain neutral on all fronts when it comes to the main chat.. to ensure a casual and enjoyable atmosphere for all, members & guests alike. If you have a sided toon they are welcome to join our guest channel but the same chat rules apply there as well. Upon accepting promotion to UM from an Applicant (usually done at our weekly Saturday meetings after 2-4 weeks ((depending, in some cases I'll promote outside the meeting since not all can make them due to real life)) and based on participation and activeness within the org), it means that you intend to stay neutral and stick it out with us all the way.. using the org to level up and leave for another neutral or change factions is highly frowned upon, unless there is prior knowledge these are your intentions (i.e; myself (leader) or a General is aware of this).

13. What is it, if anything, you hope to achieve from joining the RK ShadowS.. is there anything in particular that appealed to you?

(Optional)
14. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the ShadowS? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members :))

15. Is this toon alt or main? If alt, what side is main? (Note: Answering this question makes 1-3, 5-8, and 10-14 Optional)

-------------

Please copy and paste those questions into a 'reply' or it's own thread in the application area and answer the best you can, and either your recruiter or if you have no recruiter, someone will speak to you after reviewing the application and hope to see you in game soon with RK ShadowS over your head :)

[PS] Any old or semi-new members feel free to fill this out yourself to better help myself and the org see how we're doing just for the heck of things :)

-Enigmatia/Rene
Last edited by enigma on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may walk two steps behind you, fear not. I may be two steps ahead, fear not.
At times I may not be visible, especially in the darkest of hours
but whether you see me or not, need me or not
I am your shadow, a part of you, always there.
I'll stand with you to the end.

Facebook!

Contradictor
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: No

Postby Contradictor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Just cause I can...

1. What is it that brought you to our forums, or has caused you interest in joining our org? Did someone approach you about recruitment or did you find us on your own through teaming or any other method? If someone is recruiting you and has sent you here, please list there ingame name.

Recruited by rene.... while prancing around the subways with my pistolero froob NT...ftw

About 2 months when i joined RKS

3. Is this your first Neutral char, have you others (alts) that you would eventually like to join to the org as well if you find we suit your needs as an org.

Yes, yes

Same as 2

Attli/Attilia/Attlia/Hauhet/Contradictor

5. Are you a froob (free player/newbie) or do you have the expansions, if yes then which expansions. (To better help myself and other raid/event organizers pre-plan things in the future, do you prefer RK over SL or AI over SL or any specifics or not care at all).

Yes, WTB Raids...GIMME PHATZ

6a. If you have just left or are planning to leave your current org to join RKS, please explain why.. if you prefer it to remain confidential you may tell myself or your recruiter why instead. (Obviously if you are leaving or have left your current org, we want to make sure that the same will not happen with us).

First org evah!

7. While we do not discriminate against age, sex, creed, color or any other real life qualities, and we are a 'family' orientated guild, we do try to limit 'adult' talk in the main chat, though as with any situation, sometimes things don't always work out that way, in which case I do ask your age.. it will not have any effect on whether or not you are recruited, but helps myself.

Haha I remember being asked this question.....but Ill say it again. Im 16

8. While we are not an 'RP Org' we do at times participate in the events sponsored by the ARKs and even player sponsored ones, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very interested, 1 being none at all.. how much does role-playing matter to you and do you prefer to remain 'in character' (addressed only by your IG name and sticking with the story-line and the like) at all times?

9. Have you read and do you understand and agree with the Guild Code of Conduct?

I helped write the bloody thing, I think Id agree with it :P

10. We have many players from all over the world, and do try to schedule raids, events, meetings and the like so all can participate, though it is difficult at times we try our best.. Please give us your time zone and location, and while we do have many people from all over the globe, we are an english (in main chat) guild.. do you speak and understand english enough to feel comfortable in that language environment?

EST....Non, je ne parle pas anglais. (In other news...if someone can read this application, that denotes a familiarity with english, eh?)

11. Are you a casual (only on the weekends type of gamer) or a hard core (you'll see me all the time) type of player?

Depends on the time of year

12. Are your intentions to stay 100% Neutral from the day you are promoted to a Unit Member? We have many friends in our guest channels, and 'sister' orgs of both factions, and do not tolerate hateful behavior in RKS. We normally have a very active chat, but in the chat, is where the war stops and the fun should be.. we are not participants of the Omni/Clan battle and prefer to remain neutral on all fronts when it comes to the main chat.. to ensure a casual and enjoyable atmosphere for all, members & guests alike. If you have a sided toon they are welcome to join our guest channel but the same chat rules apply there as well. Upon accepting promotion to UM from an Applicant (usually done at our weekly Saturday meetings after 2-4 weeks ((depending, in some cases I'll promote outside the meeting since not all can make them due to real life)) and based on participation and activeness within the org), it means that you intend to stay neutral and stick it out with us all the way.. using the org to level up and leave for another neutral or change factions is highly frowned upon, unless there is prior knowledge these are your intentions (i.e; myself (leader) or a General is aware of this).

Blah blah blah blah blah....Thisd need a whole other post to go through.

13. What is it, if anything, you hope to achieve from joining the RK ShadowS.. is there anything in particular that appealed to you?

Cyb0r mostly, though amazing friends and great times will suffice :)

14. What do you hope, and expect to gain from joining the org itself if anything?

Same as 13...duplicate questions ftw

(Optional)
15. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the ShadowS? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members Smile)

Experienced...check
Crazy...check
Living breating AO encyclopedia...check[/b]

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:10 am

bah lol.. edited it so it's not that repetitive.. mind you I wrote this at 1:40am and hadnt any sleep at the time, and I wrote this by myself :P lol if you find anymore mistakes please let me know, and thanks for filling it out Brad :)

Facebook!

Junkion

Re: RK ShadowS New Member Application

Postby Junkion » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 am

Evilmeep

2 days

yes
2 days

Junkion

I am a froob

6. Have you ever belonged to a Neutral org in the past? nope

it doesnt matter to me whether I am called by my ingame name or rl one so I am on the fence with it. no number can express it sorry.

yes

I am in the eastern Time Zone Georgia USA

depends on my wife's mood

I plan on Staying neutral
idk Meep was just really cool as well as the other 3 people I met sitting down in Newland

(Optional)
14. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the ShadowS? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members )
I am an old player of MMO's but new to AO, so I have experience in the general genre but not to this game. I do very well at tanking but I am trying something new since the game is new to me.
15. Is this toon alt or main? If alt, what side is main? (Note: Answering this question makes 1-3, 5-8, and 10-14 Optional)
[b]this is my main[b]

Profanum

Postby Profanum » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

I was looking for neutral org and caught Timal by accident.

I'm plying since 2 months.

Yep, this is my first neutral char.

As a Neutral I'm playing since two weeks.

Profanum

I'm p2p player. I've got all the expansions.

Never.

30+

yep

Enough to feel comfortable ;)
I'm from Poland (GMT + 01:00)

Hard core but mostly not plying during the weekends :)

I will never be clan or omni this char.
I will never play more than 2 chars in ao.

My both chars will be called always the same: Sacrum & Profanum.

Hmmm.. friendly atmosphere

(Optional)
14. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the ShadowS? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members :))

I'm plying since i was a child. Almost 1/4 of the century. My first computer was ZX Spectrum. Never will be the last. This is my first online game.

My both chars are main for me.

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:07 am

:) Thank you for filling out the app Profanum, and I think Timal talked to me about recruiting you at meeting but I haven't been ingame much the past few days so I trust her judgment and welcome to the ShadowS :)

Facebook!

Return to “RK Shadows Applications”