'How to' on Assist Macros for Healers - simple vs complex.

Guides to survive your time in-game written by our members are in this forum
enigma
Ma Hen
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: Enigmatia
Shadowlands: Froob

'How to' on Assist Macros for Healers - simple vs complex.

Postby enigma » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Okies guys, I see quite a few have asked or shared on their methods, or would like to know how to make basic macros for assisting.. I'm going to post the simple way I do things, but keep in mind, as an Advy I play Enig in a team/raid environment as a A) Assist or Primary healer (if there is no doc) and B) Secondary DD.. I personally don't fret to much on being a DD anymore, Enig's.. different.. so be it :P

Anywho, here goes.. and anyone who wants to chime in with their own please feel free to do so, this will be stickied so it doesn't get buried here and I simply can't write complex stuff anymore for those of you that like to script and can do it better then I can, by all means, but this is my easy yet Rene style complex way of doing a macro in AO.

---------------------------

First off: There are 3 important little 'codes' you need to make these work if you're going to personalize them as such.. you can type /help script or /help macro or /help misc (I believe) in AO chat and you'll get the help list for more detailed scripting.

1. Target. %t
2. Fighting Target. %f
3. Yourself (not as important but possibly so depending on how intricate you want your macro or script) %m

To CREATE a macro, i.e; a clickable button on your hotbar, you need to start it off with /macro followed by a simple macro name like /macro APF or /macro Dark
(You must give your macro a name when you make one for your hotbar, otherwise it won't work.. my assist ones other then the main one I have for Terry I usually name 'asst' or (lol) 'ass1').. i.e;
/macro ass1 /assist %t

If you are an assist healer as I am, and want to at the same time know your teammate or pullers target but also do something else such as check the current tank you can make it more complex with 'breaks' which consist of: \n /
Essentially the \n / - ends the current assist and starts another.. but you are still assisting the original target.

----------------------------

I.E; Terry & I team so much I have an assist on all my chars for him on my main hotbar so I'll use that as my example.

On Enig I have a macro that essentially assists him, his current fighting target, and the fighting targets.. target.. (yeah this is gonna sound complex I guess.. hopefully I can do this lol)

----------------------------

Effectively I'll be /assist Darkirmi \n /assist \n /assist
simple as that.. now if I wanted a more complex one (which I don't lol) I could do
/assist Darkirmi \n /assist %f \n /assist %f.. that's just a bit more then I want tho so I just keep it simple and type

/macro Dark /assist Darkirmi \n /assist
-OR-
/macro Dark /assist Darkirmi \n /assist \n /assist - (will explain this one best I can while some of you are going O.o)

when I hit that macro, which it's on my active hotbar so I can hit '4' and get my assist started.. I'll be assisting Terry's current fighting target, then the fighting target and in the 2nd one same thing except the only difference is if there's someone else in the team, or Terry is not the puller I'll be assisting the mob's target (the tank, the puller.. the leprechaun..) if it differs from Terry..

So I'm assisting Terry, who is fighting Mantis Queen, she's not fighting HIM though, she's fighting Bolts or Brad and that way if the monsters current target is not in my team, I can see that the monster is focusing on Brad, not Terry, and have Brad targeted to heal.. or if the Queen is on Bolts, I know for the moment that I need to be watching Terry's health in case Bolts loses aggro.

WOW this isn't something I really planned ahead on writing this morning so please if this is confusing to you, let me know and I'll try to give a less rene style explaination or maybe one of the guys can do this better.. Just trying to help those of us that use assist macros as assist healers.
--------------------

IF you just want a simple assist macro do as such; type

/macro assist /assist - this will create a shortcut you can add to your hotbar and it will assist whomever you target

If you are a Doc or secondary healer you can do as such; type

/macro assist /assist \n /assist
OR
/macro heal /assist %t \n /assist %f

That's all I'll put for now.. since I think I've probably baffled the majority of you by this point >.< but if it does make sense, pay attention to the orange highlighted text.. those are the important parts to knowing how to make a macro for me. The rest I guess was me talking to myself and making sure I was typing this right.. lol -.-.

-------------------
One last thing before I end my Odyssey into macro land.. I do have one I customized to use on Trauma for s10, it's come in handy many times when I was not in an org team or with people that knew my play-style.. this is an actual script I have saved in my script folder in my AO directory (to do this you open Notepad, type your script or copy and paste mine below and tweak it to what you are comfortable with and when you save it, don't save it like you would normally in the script folder as a .txt.. it won't work that way.. when you name it name it as such; "assist" quotations and all) and when you are in a team and want to tell them to assist someone and get their attention fast (I use the color red.. customize how you want.. red just grabs my attention cause I think oh shit red something's attacking.. so ofc I read to see what lol) this tells them in a nice and fast way to assist the tank or puller or however you want to customize it. I have 3 versions of this.. one for s10 only for Blasdar & Traumatizing, one for when I'm in a team without Blasdar and one for vicinity (comes in handy on Enig for multi-team raids)

So for the hell of it, do this as a practice one, save it as "rene" in your AO main directory, in your scripts folder, if you do not have a script folder for some reason just make a new folder named 'scripts' and save it in the main AO folder (file path should resemble something close to C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\scripts\rene) If you saved it right, it shouldn't say rene.txt just rene and have a different icon from a normal notepad txt document. To make it work as a script, just type /rene (while in a team or make it say /v instead of /t if you want it in vicinity)

To make your /script a /macro shortcut for the hotbar simply type /macro rene /rene - which will give you a shortcut button to use as well as just typing /rene .. but for now just do this as practice and hopefully when you type /rene you'll get the desired text below:

1. Open Notepad and copy and paste this into it, change the color if you want, and the names but remember this is just a practice one to get you started...;

/t <font color="#FF0000">Please utilize this time to make an assist Macro by typing the following.. /macro s10 /assist Blasdar \n /assist Traumatizing</font>

2. SAVE it as "rene" - EXACTLY like that.. quotations and all, in your scripts folder.

3. Depending on whether you saved it to where it is said in team or vicinity type /rene.. and hopefully you will get..;

Please utilize this time to make an assist Macro by typing the following.. /macro s10 /assist Blasdar \n /assist Traumatizing
You've just told your team or vicinity to assist and how to make a general assist macro for s10.

Another I use on Auryin while kiting alone and wanting to warn others so I don't trample them to reclaim with my train of 20-30 hecks is this one.. and I love it cause it's damned effective at making people move real fast lol:

/s <font color="#33cc00">!!* Kite in process! Please move! *!!</font>
So I'm basically shouting:

!!* Kite in process! Please move! *!!

(which I spam several times before starting a kite, and if someone pops up in the middle of my kite from who knows where it's on my nuke bar at #3 so I spam it then too)

I hope this helped somewhat, and not made anybody confused.. if you guys can pretty this up better then I could let me know and tell me where to fix it..

Rene
Last edited by enigma on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
I may walk two steps behind you, fear not. I may be two steps ahead, fear not.
At times I may not be visible, especially in the darkest of hours
but whether you see me or not, need me or not
I am your shadow, a part of you, always there.
I'll stand with you to the end.

Facebook!

NivvyNiv
In-Game Name: Nivthulan

Postby NivvyNiv » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Yay! ^^

Very helpful! :) Thankies Rene. ^^ I'm not around much in-game at the moment because of deadlines and exams and crap d-_-b but I'm definitely still an AOer ... lol aoer O_o .. ... Area Of Effect Radish?!

<333 mew! ^^
Broken computer, broken heart...

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:13 am

I edited the original post to adjust and fix a few things I did miss out or wasn't 100% positive on till I was ingame to check (didn't want to give anyone the wrong info lol) and THANK YOU guys that have read this so far for me and said I did a good job.. granted I do ramble and over-explain things a lot but in cases like this.. sometimes over-explaining is just being more indepth to make sure I've got all my bases covered .. To be honest I didn't plan to write anything like this till I read Brads post about last saturdays HI raid, and the fact that some had asked how to do a simple macro for a basic assist, to a complex one involving a script.. This covered more then just making an assist macro, and I may add more to it as time goes on, I may not.. but please feel free to add your own helpful macros here or scripts (helpful ones for teams only please lol *hint @ kyle.. NOT the tri-pod!* >.>; rofl) If you want another script/macro section sticked for fun just let me know or start one and I'll get it sticked.

But asides from my little side notes.. that pretty much touched on what I thought would be beneficial for all org members to know for any kind of raid.. whether you are a raid participant, or a raid leader.. it is ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO:

A) Make a seperate 'raid chat' i.e; make a seperate window with only the raidbots and team subscribed to it, nothing else (dmg, xp, axp, nano/hp so on so forth). Doesn't have to be open all the time, but when we do have org raids or you start going to RK/Pande raids like APF, HI, Mercs, Biodome, HC.. this will prepare you for those.. because it is IMPERATIVE as a raid participant, especially on your first raid to

B) PAY ATTENTION! Unless you are specifically tagged to KT (in which you'll have a whole different set of directions which I won't touch on here cause tbh I've never been a part of a KT :/) to be someone that charms, calms, UBTs, assists, assist heals.. your main priority needs to be pay attention, read the rules (if there are any for that specific raidbot) and follow them. Raid Leader may not always be right, but at least you can say you were doing as you were told and paying attention will help keep the raid from wiping.
(excluding AoG -Acts of GoddddmGMsScrewingWithTheRaid >.>;)

(Stealing some of this haphazardly from Ndures post in Nivvys post in this Guide section about scripts)

I will add more to this later, when I have gotten more sleep :P

Remember if you have something beneficial to add please do so or PM me with it and I'll incorporate it.. eventually I'd like to have this all in 2 sections of a complete guide on our forums to help you guys that are just hitting the lvls required to join in on things like Sector 10 and other raids/raid-bots. First part of the guide would be about Macros/Scripts for raiding like the beginning post, and 2nd part about knowing your role in a raid, what to expect if you are tagged to do a special function (i.e; Doctor doing UBT, MP doing NSD, Crat/Trader/(sometimes) Advy on calms, and assist healers, not doctors) I'd like to ask any of you that do a lot of raiding in APF, Pande and Tara maybe if you have some helpful hints or tips to contribute since again, I'm not big on raids outside of org ones and I've never been on the KT, nor been tagged to do a special duty. That's where I am asking for help :)

Facebook!

Contradictor
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: No

Postby Contradictor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:12 pm

I can elaborate a bit on rene's post about being in a KT. Been there, done that on Hellcom/Rumblecom and pretty much everywhere else at least once. Being in a KT isnt much different that any normal team, cept you get to shoot he big nice boss mobs while everyone else is sucking their thumbs or killing adds :P

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:25 pm

-tries not to be offended by that as she's assist healing in next raids KT .. that she'll still not be in-

Facebook!

Contradictor

Postby Contradictor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Assist healing falls under the killing adds category >.>

unopposed

Re: 'How to' on Assist Macros for Healers - simple vs complex.

Postby unopposed » Sat May 09, 2009 11:14 pm

a script i made for pet prof is called assistz0rs:

/assist
/delay 1
/pet attack

unopposed

Postby unopposed » Sat May 09, 2009 11:21 pm

another pet macro option is:

/macro uno /assist unopposed \n /pet attack
Last edited by unopposed on Sat May 09, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unopposed

Postby unopposed » Sat May 09, 2009 11:25 pm

script help:

http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Scripts

Return to “Guides”