Failed to plan(i think) :shock:

Need help with something in AO? You can ask for help here
Lulie
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: luliecas
Shadowlands: Froob

Failed to plan(i think) :shock:

Postby Lulie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 am

ok i think i have really screwed up early on or something as i never seem to have enough IP's to spread around, i do understand this is the norm. however i think i put point were i shouldn't have early on and it's been snow balling ever sense. I can't seem to get enough point to raise critical areas like body dev, dodges/evades ect. now i'm suffering with one critical hit sucking half my HP.

Now i know i can add to body dev and raise dodge/evade, however i will not have any point for nono&aiding and Nik just helped me get a Collar and I'm 221 points shy in my Bio Meta.

i seem to be lost and un-sure how to proceed.

Code: Select all

Lev94
79211 Unused Ip points

Str: 314         Agil: 360
stam:300         intel:322
sens:308         Psych:304

Body
Body dev: 319(not maxed)   Nano pool:368(not maxed)

Melee
(no points plced here)

Misc Weapons
(no points plced here)

Ranged
Pistol:387
fling shot:201
burst:257
Multi Ranged:287

Speed
(no points plced here)
Melee. Init:83         Ranged Init:83
Physic.Init:83         NanoC. Init:129
Dodge-Rng  :98         Evade-ClsC :184
Duck-Exp   :119         Nano-resist:123
Run Speed  :133

Traid & Repair
Mech Eng   :452(maxed)      Elec Engi. :211**
Quantum FT :84(base)      Weapon Smt :346**
Pharma Tech:170**      Nano Progra:147**
Comp Liter :440(maxed)**   Psychology :83(base)
Chemistery :82(base)      Tutoring   :234

nano & Aiding
Matt.Metam :476(maxed)      Bio metamor:249
Psycho ModI:221         Matter Crea:509(maxed)
Time&Space :519(Maxed)      Sensory Imp:222
First Aid  :261         Treatment  :303

Spying
(no points plced here)

Navigation
Vehical Air:143**              Vehicale Gr:85(base)
VehicaleWat:85(base)      Map Navig  :127**   

Ledgend:
(Base) = i've not put any points in it
(maxed)= i haven't been able to add points to it sence lev 80
**     = no modifiers added i.e. not waring any armor or implants that add to it

So i'm hoping by placing my skills in the code box you can give me some sage suggestion on how to proceed

Lulie

dumble
In-Game Name: Dumble
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Re: Failed to plan(i think) :shock:

Postby dumble » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:47 am

You can't max everything all at once. Concentrate on the important things:

Summary:

Max base abilities, max MC/TS/MM, max CL, max treatment (for implants) then first aid until you can use the ql 150 stuff from apf (or ql 125s if you cant get to the unicorn hub thing and don't want someone shopping for you) stims can save your life but FA is kind of back seat to others here as you can learn to hide around the corner and sick pets.

After you max all those and have spare IP, you can do body dev, weapon skill, weapon specials, run speed, BM(max ever is 837), PM (max is 711 for froob), SI (648 for froob I believe).

The lower priority stuff until the gobs of extra IP in tl5: nano pool, tradeskills, evade clsc, and init(this is dead last for a reason). You may have to sacrifice evades or tradeskills until they change the casting requirements. Don't bother with psychology and you may have the Ip for evade clsc though. As you aren't meant to be an up front fighter unless you are going for PVP evades can take a back seat to other things.

My sources? I know a guy who is an engineer :)

Ndure
Past President Extraordinaire

Postby Ndure » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 am

and he's a very good engineer :)
Let the deed show.

Ruutana
In-Game Name: Ruutana

Postby Ruutana » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 am

As I've played a froob engi upto low-TL5 (where the IP is still scarce), I'll add my tuppence:

- forget the Evades and Inits: focus on getting a big pet and make it keep aggro
- spend IP only on the abilities u really need, like int & psy (and make imps that go well with them and armor to go with)
- forget First Aid, since u can use treat labs & nano rechargers when your pet keeps the aggro
- forget BM, since pet heals are kinda useless
- forget PM and SI, unless you have expansions and can cast EP soon

Furthermore, to emphasize those:
- IF you decide to actually USE your pistols in combat, get a pair of CDRs since they are cheap on IP and good dmg AND you can still enter Biomare (lvl100 cap!!).
- otherwise use buffing pistols like Jess or xp pistols
- get your hands on good trimmers (increase aggressiveness and ql100 agg-def at least)

Note that these are MY opinions and may hurt YOUR gameplay experience if you employ them w/o YOUR consent :wink:

And sorry if this was obvious :)
Neut toons: Ruutana (TS-engi), Cashflow (Pump twink & shoptoon), Redliner (grenade sub twink), BigFatSmurf (sub GA1 fixer), PinknPretty (ToTW gimp), Sparrrow (Ndure wannabe), Morrison (unstarted NT)
Omni toons: Giorgis (froob toon with QL300 Yuttos!), Ynard (2hb enfo & my very 1st toon), Batlin (MP buff toon), MissLulz (crat coffeemaker), Hippokrates (unstarted doc ToTW twink), Hartman (unstarted sold)
Clan toons: Never!
:D

dumble
In-Game Name: Dumble

Postby dumble » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Ruutana wrote:- spend IP only on the abilities u really need, like int & psy (and make imps that go well with them and armor to go with)
- forget First Aid, since u can use treat labs & nano rechargers when your pet keeps the aggro
- forget BM, since pet heals are kinda useless

abilities = trickle! do them all, it'll be better if you do it asap, for the things you can't raise. Not raising abilities is the worst possible mistake anyone can make ever!

first aid will save your life more than you know, especially if you are getting chased after something happenas to your bot or the unexpected adds that find you.

While BM I would certainly wait until last, pet heals are far from useless. I played a "froob" engy before there was such thing as "froob" or even "sloob", or even "notum wars" for that matter :P

If you want, I'm sure I can come up with an implant set, engineer style.

Ruutana
In-Game Name: Ruutana

Postby Ruutana » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:23 pm

True w/ the trickledown, but abilities like strength or agility give poor trickle AND are dark blue for Nanomages (dunno which breed Lulie is though). This fact made my heart bleed when I had to spend IP into str & agi when I squeezed into this vest :cry:

And if were talking about TL4-range, then the IP is very very scarce IF one wants to have some tradeskills to play with. IMHO. :wink:

And I'm sad that I spent IP to BM for the bot heals, which started going useless after ToTW or so.. IMHO again :mrgreen:

But I'm glad that there are different styles to play engi! I made a sub twink that wields a Red Line Grenade Launcher and haven't spent all my IPs yet, so I might try some of those points made in this thread already.

BTW: U don't need to spend ANY point to BM if you want the Collar on. Just few imps, a mochie and a wrangle and you're set.
Neut toons: Ruutana (TS-engi), Cashflow (Pump twink & shoptoon), Redliner (grenade sub twink), BigFatSmurf (sub GA1 fixer), PinknPretty (ToTW gimp), Sparrrow (Ndure wannabe), Morrison (unstarted NT)
Omni toons: Giorgis (froob toon with QL300 Yuttos!), Ynard (2hb enfo & my very 1st toon), Batlin (MP buff toon), MissLulz (crat coffeemaker), Hippokrates (unstarted doc ToTW twink), Hartman (unstarted sold)
Clan toons: Never!
:D

Lulie

Postby Lulie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm a solitus

missnik
In-Game Name: missnik

Postby missnik » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 am

TO get that collar on.
bm mochie +140
wrangle +131
comp nano +40

should be enough to get that thing on i think :)

PS - I'd wait on IP'ing tradeskills stuff til you can survive a little bit. but im no engi expert either

Lulie

Postby Lulie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:20 am

i find it hard to hide behind something when there is nothing to hide behind(some reason cyborgs still find me behind trees) like in deserts or fields/plains, that's why I've been wondering about dodges and evades.

p.s. Thanks to Sleepy and Ramm i got the collar on

Return to “Help Request”